Follow these six easy steps to set up Outlook Express to access your new email account. For the sake of simplicity, we will assume your domain name is "yourdomain.com" and your email account name is "info" for this example. Please replace these values with your personal account information.
1. In Outlook Express™, click on menu Tools in the menu bar, then select Accounts.
2. Click the "Add" tab and enter setup information:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Reply address: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Some Internet Service Providers (ISP's) do not allow sending of outgoing mail (SMTP). In that case, the SMTP server name "mail.yourdomain.com" must be replaced with the SMTP server specified by your ISP. You may also have to specify a login username and password in Outlook Express for your account with your ISP.
3. Click "Include this server when receiving mail."
4. Click the "Server" tab and enter setup information:
Incoming mail (POP3) server: mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: mail.yourdomain.com
Account name: email@example.com
Account password: ******
5. Uncheck "My server requires authentication." Select "OK".
6. Create a new e-mail and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on Send/Receive. If the message left you outbox and came back in through your inbox, your mail is working. (You may have to hit Send/Receive a second time to bring it back in.)